Thursday, November 25, 2010

Jane Goodall (duplicate post)

I just wanted to take a minute to say that I was watching a recorded talk by Jane Goodall, including a question and answer session afterwards as I relaxed this afternoon after a 5-mile Turkey Trot this morning.

I continue to be impressed with Jane, both because of her amazing work with conservation and chimpanzee behavior, but also in her practicality, her devotion to nature conservation and the well-being of the underprivileged, and her honesty.

Interesting things I learned about Jane from her Oct. 11th talk included: her favorite drink is whiskey, when asked about her plans in the next 50 years she said "me dying", and she brews her coffee with a boiling coil and stocking hose.

I will never forget growing up watching her National Geographic specials and she has done so many great things to benefit understanding of animals and the behavioral sciences. Good luck in your future endeavors, Jane Goodall.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment